Uncertainty of Measurement
Evaluation and Estimation of Uncertainties of Measurement. Introduction to metrology principles, examples and practical exercises.
The training includes case studies and discussions, with application of statistical components in practical examples that are frequently encountered by testing laboratories. See the detailed Course Outline/Syllabus here.
Learn Key Applications in the Standard:
- Perform measurement uncertainty calculations that meet your needs and satisfy accreditation requirements.
- Work through examples of uncertainties in calibration and testing.
- Understand Calibration & Measurement Capability (CMC) as applied to the accreditation process.
- Distinguish between and correctly interpret terms used in calibration and uncertainty.
- Compare and learn how “Measurement Uncertainty” scores over “Accuracy.”
- Understand what random and systematic uncertainties are and how they occur.
- Understand confidence limits and coverage factor.
- Learn to use a technique of combining random and systematics to get combined uncertainty.
- Develop an uncertainty budget.
Who Should Attend?
Laboratory managers, metrology managers, quality managers, process, product, design and test engineers, calibration personnel, test personnel, and those who wish to gain an understanding of calculating measurement uncertainty will find this program beneficial and an invaluable tool to decision making.
DATE(S) AND LOCATION(S):
$600.00 USD (US and Canada only)
$800.00 USD (International)
$600.00 USD (India only)
$350.00 USD (Full Course Webinar only)
$800.00 USD (US and Canada only)
$1,000.00 USD (International)
$700.00 USD (India only)
$400.00 USD (Full Course Webinar only)
* Early registration cut-off is normally 21 days prior to the scheduled training event.
5% additional discount for 2nd, 3rd, or more students from the same company attending the same training course. Space is Limited to 20 people for each training session.
Fees are non-refundable for cancellations; however, you may substitute another member of your staff, or attend another class offered by IAS at a later date. If IAS cancels this class for any reason, the full registration fee paid will be refunded.