IAS Accreditation for Medical Laboratories
- Accredits third-party medical laboratories.
- Assists medical laboratories develop a quality management system to ensure ISO 15189 and ISO 9001 requirements are met
- Establishes inbuilt processes to educate laboratories to assess their own competence and personnel.
- Assists in improving quality patient care, needs of patients and clinical personnel whom are responsible for the care of patients.
- Increases health safety, confidentiality, ethical reporting practices and patient management.
- The current IAS proposed scope available for applicant and accredited medical laboratories are as follows:
- Clinical Biochemistry (sub-scope: Toxicology), Clinical Microbiology, Clinical Pathology, Genetics (sub-scope: Cytogenetics), Haematology, Histopathology [sub-scopes: Cytopathology (Cytology) Hospital Autopsy], Immunology, Medical Imaging, Molecular Pathology, Nuclear Medicine, Point-of-care Testing (POCT), Pharmacology
Join the Medical Laboratories List
Get the latest information about accreditation practices, standards, training courses and more, when you join the IAS list for Medical Laboratories. To join, click here.