Understanding Risk Approach for Management Systems
Implementing Risk Based Thinking within Management Systems
Anyone responsible for managing or working with a management system that includes Risk Based Thinking, should understand the global framework for risk management approach, as required by management systems. This includes the CASCO standards (ISO/IEC 17000 series), and management system standards such a ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001 etc. This two day training will give you valuable insights and tools to help you implement conformant approaches in Risk Based Thinking.
International Accreditation Service (IAS), a leading accreditation body in the U.S. provides this essential training course. IAS is recognized by the International Accreditation Forum and Asia Pacific Accreditation Cooperation.
Overview & Objectives
This training course is designed to provide a practical understanding of the global framework for risk management approach, as required by management system standards, such as ISO/IEC 17000 series, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 etc.
The course is based on industry best practice of risk management as described in ISO 31000:2018, the international standard that governs this issue. It contains the major subject areas related to risk management providing participants with a unique opportunity to obtain in-depth understanding of conformant risk approaches in management systems. The course also includes a detailed presentation on international Standardization, and Conformity Assessment practices, the evolution of risk management and its core risk principles, the risk framework design and application, and the attributes of enhanced risk management. Emphasis is on practical and pragmatic approaches, as opposed to only theoretical underpinnings
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Interpret and describe risk management principles;
- Demonstrate knowledge and confidence in the implementation of principles and guidelines of a risk management system;
- Recognize the benefits of ISO 31000 guidance standard and integration with CASCO standards and management system standards (i.e. ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 22000, SA 8000, ISO 27000 etc.);
- Perform Risk Analysis, identifying, evaluating and categorizing risks;
- Introduce and implement a risk management program tailored to their respective organization;
- Use typical risk management templates (e.g. risk likelihood and risk consequences ranges, risk matrix and risk treatment plans).
- Understand the basics of Crisis Management
This is a two-day course, containing interactive case studies and practical exercises providing a detailed map to Risk Management Corporate Implementation.
There are no prerequisites for this training. However, practice and experience in the implementation and use of management systems and/or having experience of business risks would be beneficial.
Course tutor is member of ISO TC 176 and IAS/CASCO Working Groups
Who Should Attend?
- Conformity Assessment Bodies (labs, inspection bodies, certification bodies) currently accredited or seeking accreditation
- Internal Auditors
- Regulators or Specifiers
- Assessors or Consultants
Date(s) and Location(s):
Contact email@example.com for more information
* Early registration cut-off is normally 21 days prior to the scheduled training event.
5% additional discount for 2nd, 3rd, or more students from the same company attending the same training course. Space is Limited to 20 people for each training session.
Fees are non-refundable for cancellations; however, you may substitute another member of your staff, or attend another class offered by IAS at a later date. If IAS cancels this class for any reason, the full registration fee paid will be refunded.