Managing the IAS AC472 Metal Building Systems Accreditation Requirements
This training course has been developed in order to provide a complete understanding of AC472 to people who operate a documented quality system and manage or conduct inspections of metal building systems under AC472.
IAS accredits the inspection programs of companies that design and fabricate custom engineered metal building systems. The accreditation is based on requirements in IAS Accreditation Criteria AC472, International Building Code® and related standards. The accreditation criteria covers inspections of metal building system elements that are essential for designing, specifying, building or approving metal building systems.
- Verification that approved manufacturers meet requirements as described in Chapter 17 of the IBC.
- The benchmark for companies that design and manufacture engineered metal building systems.
- Provides a level of confidence that buildings will be designed and manufactured according to code and specifications.
- Recognized by the Metal Building Manufacturers Association (MBMA) and International Code Council (ICC).
improve Operations from using and thoroughly understanding AC472 as a business tool
This training course is intended to train metal building manufacturers supervisors, quality managers, inspection agencies and IAS assessors on the latest revision of AC472 and revisions to the International Building Code that affect metal building manufacturing. It also targets those individuals who wish to acquire knowledge of the AC472 program to determine if this program fits their business model. Use of AC472 will positively affect the attainment of business objectives.
During the course, attendees will be trained on AC472 practices, changes to the IBC that affect AC472 and the most common challenges of AC472 sections. This training course has been developed in order to provide a truly complete understanding of participants who operate under a documented quality system developed in concert with an IAS-accredited inspection agency which conducts unannounced inspections to verify continued compliance with this criteria.
The course includes detailed presentations on AC472, QMS definitions, examples of corrective action reports and – through the use of practical exercises – will highlight the most common corrective action requests issued during an IAS on-site assessment. During practical exercises and workshops, the instructor and participants will simulate actual auditing of an “imaginary” company.
On completion of the course attendees will be able to:
- Interpret and describe the frameworks of a management systems that complies with AC472;
- Acquire the knowledge and confidence on how to develop a QMS based on the requirements of the AC472 latest revision;
- Achieve an in depth understanding of code changes in the International Building Code that may affect inspections;
- Recognize the requirements of AISC 360 Chapter N;
- Improve on performing internal audits as a tool to improve their operations.
This two-day Training Course examines structural components of the IAS Standard - AC472. Quality system, inspection processes, and technical requirements are grouped in a manner that makes them clear and understandable. See the Course Agenda Here.
Technical considerations include impartiality and competence in inspection. Quality system discussions include easy-to-understand approaches that correlate to other conformity assessment standards and requirements used in building codes.
This course contains reference to the IAF interpretation documents on inspection.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Inspection agency managers and staff
- Quality managers
- Internal auditors
- Metal building inspectors
- Anyone who is involved in the management and operation of metal building inspection programs, participates in the operation of a metal building inspection scheme, or assesses/evaluates against the requirements of AC472
Date(s) and Location(s):
Contact training department for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Early registration cut-off is normally 21 days prior to the scheduled training event.
5% additional discount for 2nd, 3rd, or more students from the same company attending the same training course. Space is Limited to 20 people for each training session.
Fees are non-refundable for cancellations; however, you may substitute another member of your staff, or attend another class offered by IAS at a later date. If IAS cancels this class for any reason, the full registration fee paid will be refunded.