Building Department Accreditation #101 Using AC251
IAS provides a one-day training program for individuals interested in better understanding the requirements for the accreditation of building departments and third-party providers of building department services under the IAS AC 251 accreditation program. This course provides information on how to improve a building department's operations and the criteria that form allow Building Departments to acquire IAS accreditation.
This training course is intended for individuals with sound knowledge of plan review and inspection operations who have experience in the administration of building departments. Accreditation criteria are explained with practical examples on how different building departments can satisfy accreditation requirements in each of the following areas:
- Adoption and enforcement of Construction Codes, Standards & Statutes
- Establishment of budget and permit fees
- Customer service and public outreach
- General Permit/Inspection IT systems, support & use
- Hiring, training, mentoring and supervision of building department staff
- Certification of personnel
- Special inspections and approval of alternate materials and methods of construction
- Quality Management System, Service Goals, SOPs
- Permitting, plan review and inspection processes and best practices
This course will help participants understand what is required to achieve building department accreditation. The course will interpret key components of the accreditation criteria (AC251) which are geared toward ensuring high-quality customer-focused service. Participants will explore how these requirements apply in the real world and will be given an overview of the basic concepts of quality management.
The learning environment will feature a traditional classroom set-up with a mix of PowerPoint slides, group discussions, shared activities and break-out sessions.
Course Timings (Typical):
Start Time: 8:30 a.m.
End Time: 4:30 p.m.
A catered lunch and snacks will be provided.
Please register early as space is limited.
Who Should Attend?
- Building Officials, Code Administrators, Employees of Building Departments.
- Building Departments interested getting accredited.
- Building departments interested in applying the accreditation criteria to improve their department, but not yet ready to seek accreditation.
- Third-party companies that provide building department services for jurisdictions.
The International Accreditation Service is an ICC Preferred Provider. Students will earn 0.8 CEUs for this course.
60 MINUTE WEBINARS
Click on any of the numbered webinar links below to see the course description for that webinar. Following each webinar, IAS creates a video of the webinar and posts it to our online training site at https://international-accreditation-service.teachable.com/courses.
10:00 am, Pacific time Standard Time
|IAS Building Department Recognition Overview (BDR)
||March 23 2022
|IAS Building Department Accreditation Overview (BDA)||April 21 2022|
|IAS Building Department Recognition Overview (BDR)||June 16 2022|
|IAS Building Department Accreditation Overview (BDA)||October 20 2022|
DATE(S) AND LOCATION(S):
Contact training department for more info at email@example.com.
$99.00 USD for current ICC members only.
* Early registration cut-off is normally 21 days prior to the scheduled training event.
5% additional discount for 2nd, 3rd, or more students from the same company attending the same training course. Space is Limited to 20 people for each training session.
Fees are non-refundable for cancellations; however, you may substitute another member of your staff, or attend another class offered by IAS at a later date. If IAS cancels this class for any reason, the full registration fee paid will be refunded.
Request Additional Information Contact Ms. Jouliana Tchiloyans at firstname.lastname@example.org.