Building Department Accreditation #101 Using AC251
IAS provides a one-day training program for individuals interested in better understanding the requirements for the accreditation of building departments and third-party providers of building department services under the IAS AC 251 accreditation program. This course provides information on how to improve a building department’s operations and the criteria that form allow Building Departments to acquire IAS accreditation.
This training course is intended for individuals with sound knowledge of plan review and inspection operations who have experience in the administration of building departments. Accreditation criteria are explained with practical examples on how different building departments can satisfy accreditation requirements in each of the following areas:
- Adoption and enforcement of Construction Codes, Standards & Statutes
- Establishment of budget and permit fees
- Customer service and public outreach
- General Permit/Inspection IT systems, support & use
- Hiring, training, mentoring and supervision of building department staff
- Certification of personnel
- Special inspections and approval of alternate materials and methods of construction
- Quality Management System, Service Goals, SOPs
- Permitting, plan review and inspection processes and best practices
This course will help participants understand what is required to achieve building department accreditation. The course will interpret key components of the accreditation criteria (AC251) which are geared toward ensuring high-quality customer-focused service. Participants will explore how these requirements apply in the real world and will be given an overview of the basic concepts of quality management.
The learning environment will feature a traditional classroom set-up with a mix of PowerPoint slides, group discussions, shared activities and break-out sessions.
Course Timings (Typical):
Start Time: 8:30 a.m.
End Time: 4:30 p.m.
A catered lunch and snacks will be provided.
Please register early as space is limited.
Who Should Attend?
- Building Officials, Code Administrators, Employees of Building Departments.
- Building Departments interested getting accredited.
- Building departments interested in applying the accreditation criteria to improve their department, but not yet ready to seek accreditation.
- Third-party companies that provide building department services for jurisdictions.
The International Accreditation Service is an ICC Preferred Provider. Students will earn 0.8 CEUs for this course.
DATE(S) AND LOCATION(S):
April 22, 2019, Marriott Airport Hotel Seattle, 3201 S 176th St, Seattle, WA 98188, USA, +1 206-241-2000
Contact training department for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org.
$99.00 USD for current ICC members only.
* Early registration cut-off is normally 21 days prior to the scheduled training event.
5% additional discount for 2nd, 3rd, or more students from the same company attending the same training course. Space is Limited to 20 people for each training session.
Fees are non-refundable for cancellations; however, you may substitute another member of your staff, or attend another class offered by IAS at a later date. If IAS cancels this class for any reason, the full registration fee paid will be refunded.