Building Department Lead Assessor/ IAS Accreditation Criteria for Building Department AC251
A two day training program for individuals interested in becoming Building Department Lead Assessors. They typically lead a team of peers who assess and evaluate applicant building departments that are seeking IAS accreditation status. The Building Department Accreditation Program (BDA) requires evaluation under IAS Accreditation Criteria AC251 entitled Accreditation Criteria for Building Departments/ Code Enforcement Agencies. This course is also suitable for individuals looking to better understand building department accreditation requirements. Third-party building department service providers may also benefit from this class
The two day training course is intended for individuals with advanced experience in the operation of building departments along with good working knowledge on the enforcement of construction codes. Sound knowledge of plan review and inspection methodologies, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential for success as lead evaluators.
The following topics will be covered in the class:
- Adoption and enforcement of Construction Codes, Standards & Statutes
- Establishment of budget and permit fees
- Customer service and public outreach
- General Permit/Inspection IT systems, support & use
- Hiring, training, mentoring and supervision of building department staff
- Certification of personnel
- Special inspections and approval of alternate materials and methods of construction
- Quality Management System, Service Goals, SOPs
- Permitting, plan review and inspection processes and best practices
FOR THOSE INTENDING TO BECOME AN IAS BUILDING DEPARTMENT ASSESSOR OR LEAD ASSESSOR, SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A TWO-HOUR WRITTEN EXAMINATION GIVEN AT THE END OF THE CLASS IS A REQUIREMENT
DATE(S) AND LOCATION(S):
Dates and Location to be announced.
Contact training department for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For current ICC members the Early Registration fee is $600
* Early registration cut-off is normally 21 days prior to the scheduled training event.
5% additional discount for 2nd, 3rd, or more students from the same company attending the same training course. Space is Limited to 20 people for each training session.
Fees are non-refundable for cancellations; however, you may substitute another member of your staff, or attend another class offered by IAS at a later date. If IAS cancels this class for any reason, the full registration fee paid will be refunded.