Fire Prevention Department Accreditation #101 Using AC426
This training course has been developed to provide a complete understanding of the operation of a Fire Prevention Program under a documented quality system that complies with IAS AC426
IAS provides a one-day training program for individuals interested in better understanding Fire Prevention Accreditation Requirements for the accreditation of fire prevention and life-safety departments. This course delivers information on how to improve a fire prevention/life safety organization’s operations and what is needed to apply for IAS accreditation.
This training course is intended for individuals with sound knowledge of fire prevention, life-safety operations, and experience in their department’s administration. Accreditation criteria are explained with practical examples applicable to different sizes and types of departments. The program is aimed at satisfying requirements in each of the following areas:
- Department Governance and Administration
- Community Risk Assessment/Reduction
- Establishing and attaining Goals and Objectives
- Quality System Administration
- Budget and Finance
- Code Enforcement including Inspections and Plan Reviews
- Public Education and Outreach
- Fire Investigation
- Physical Resource Management (including facilities, vehicles, tools, and equipment)
- Human Resource Management (including staffing, training, and certification)
- Managing Other Essential Resources (such as administrative support and office systems)
- External Systems Relation Management (multi-agency/interagency agreements)
International Accreditation Service is an ICC Preferred Provider. Students will earn 0.8 CEUs.
Date / Location / Registration
Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 3060 Saturn Street, Suite 1002, Brea, California
$99 USD for current ICC members
$149 USD for all others
* Early registration cut-off is normally 21 days prior to the scheduled training event.
5% additional discount for 2nd, 3rd, or more students from the same company attending the same training course. Space is Limited to 20 people for each training session.
Fees are non-refundable for cancellations; however, you may substitute another member of your staff, or attend another class offered by IAS at a later date. If IAS cancels this class for any reason, the full registration fee paid will be refunded.
A catered lunch and snacks will be provided.
Please register early as space is limited.