Managing Combined IAS Structural Steel and Metal Building Inspection Programs AC172, AC472 and AC473 Requirements
This three-day training course has been developed in order to provide an in-depth understanding of steel fabrication inspection as it relates to IAS Accreditation Programs that service the steel industry. This course will help both inspection agency personnel and fabricators/manufacturers better understand the requirements of the criteria and will add value to your operations and management of an inspection program to meet the requirements of the International Code Council International Building Code, Chapter 17. There are three existing training programs that are combined for this specific training.
AC473 Accreditation Criteria for Cold Formed Steel Component Manufacturer Inspection
IAS accredits the inspection programs of companies that design and manufacture these building components, based on these three sets of criteria: AC 172, AC 472 and AC 473. The accreditation criteria are from the requirements contained in the International Building Code® and related standards. The accreditation criteria covers inspections of building system elements that are essential for designing, specifying, building or approving building components in these three areas.
The following form part of the accreditation criteria:
- Verification that approved manufacturers meet requirements as described in Chapter 17 of the IBC.
- The benchmark for companies that design and manufacture applicable building components
- Provides a level of confidence that building components will be designed and manufactured according to code and specifications.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Inspection agency managers and staff
- Quality managers
- Internal auditors
- Structural Steel and Metal building inspectors
- Anyone who is involved in the management and operation of applicable inspection programs, participates in the operation of such inspection schemes, or assesses/evaluates against the requirements of one of the specified accreditation criteria; AC172, AC472 and AC 472
Date(s) and Location(s):
29-31 May 2019, 4051 Flossmoor Road, Country Club Hills, IL 60478
Contact training department for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Early registration cut-off is normally 21 days prior to the scheduled training event.
5% additional discount for 2nd, 3rd, or more students from the same company attending the same training course. Space is Limited to 20 people for each training session.
Fees are non-refundable for cancellations; however, you may substitute another member of your staff, or attend another class offered by IAS at a later date. If IAS cancels this class for any reason, the full registration fee paid will be refunded.