Revised and new IAS Rules of Procedure posted for 30-day comment period
IAS is proposing certain changes to the Rules of Procedure for all of the relevant programs under which we currently offer accreditation. In addition, we are also proposing a new Rules of Procedure for Medical Testing Laboratories. In accordance with IAS Policies and Procedures and the requirements to provide an opportunity to all stakeholders and interested parties to review and propose input to these Rules, we are posting all such Rules on our website for a 30-day review period. Comments should be sent to IAS (see below) no later than May 24, 2017. Please note that the proposed Rules have been revised due to the following reasons:
- To provide a consistent format between all the current Rules and ensure uniformity in structure of the documents;
- To ensure that those administrative and program management sections that are currently in the corresponding accreditation criteria are shifted into the proposed Rules;
- Certain sections of the current Rules, which describe technical requirements, are correspondingly moved to be in the proposed accreditation criteria that relate to the accreditation program;
- Additional verbiage have been included to clarify other requirements;
- In few instances, language which is redundant in the current rules or not applicable (such as indemnification provisions which are also noted in the application form) have been removed.
Please click the below links for access to the corresponding Rules of Procedure: