IAS Accreditation Committee Hearing, Wednesday, October 4, 2023
IAS Accreditation Committee Hearing
The purpose of the hearing is to establish or revise accreditation criteria pertaining to IAS accreditation programs and to inform the public on IAS principles and major policies. The open hearing process provides all interested parties with the opportunity to contribute ideas or voice their opinions on any of the Proposed Criteria. The hearing will begin at 8:30 a.m. (Pacific Time) on Wednesday, October 4, 2023.
The hearing will be held online via WebEx.
You are invited to participate at the hearing and provide written or oral comments by Wednesday, September 4, 2023 (30 days prior to hearing). Please use the comment form linked here. Once you fill out the form, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While IAS Accreditation Committee hearings (meetings) are open to all interested parties. For security reasons, IAS will require registration to participate.
The committee hearing will be conducted per the IAS Rules of Procedure for Accreditation Committee and Accreditation Committee Meetings. Read More.
- AC89 – Testing Laboratories – The proposed changes are intended to show all normal reference documents as well as other documents required for specific labs. The revised AC89 also provides for laboratories that only have sampling in their scope. Read more. No comments received as of 9.27.23
- AC291 – Special Inspection Agencies – The proposed changes are mainly editorial in nature with Table 1 receiving a few technical changes. Read more. No comments received as of 9.27.23
- AC370 – Product Certification Agencies –– Revisions are proposed to add clarity to Sections 5.1 and 5.2 and add requirements for IAF MD25 and IAF Resolution 2018-13. Other revisions were editorial in nature. Read more. Comments received.
- AC472 – Inspection Programs for Manufacturers of Metal Building Systems – The proposed changes are intended to add an alternate to what types of facilities work can be subcontracted and require that the subcontracting facility’s CWI is responsible for 100% of the welds. Read more. No comments received as of 9.27.23
- AC478 – Inspection Practices of Metal Building Assemblers – The proposed changes are intended to help the assessor be able to determine if the metal building assembler has safety violations and financial problems in the last 3 years prior to application or renewal that could affect them being able to meet the ongoing requirements of this criteria. Read more. Comments received.
- AC780 – Medical Laboratories – The proposed changes are intended to address the 3-year transition period in ISO 15189:2022. Read more. No comments received as of 9.27.23
- AC785 – Proficiency Testing Providers – The proposed changes are intended to address the transition period and changes in ISO/IEC 17043:2023. Read more. No comments received as of 9.27.23
- AC800 – Validation and Verification Bodies (VVBs) – The proposed changes are intended to update the editions of the reference IAF documents and add IAF MD25:2021 as well as other editorial revisions. Read more. No comments received as of 9.27.23
- MISC1-Standards Development Organizations (SDOs) – Consideration of developing a new program to accredit Standards Development Organizations. Read more. Comments received.
All communications must be sent to email@example.com.