AC786 for Fabricators of Container-Based Structures
Learn about the NEW AC786 Criteria for Container-Based Structures.
IAS accredits fabricator’s inspection program that modify Intermodal Shipping Containers that are repurposed as buildings and building components. The accreditation is based on requirements in IAS Accreditation Criteria AC786, International Building Code® and related standards. The accreditation criteria covers the fabricator’s written fabrication procedures and quality control manuals that provide a basis for control of materials and workmanship of shipping container elements that are essential for structural safety in modified containers.
- Learn what AC786 is about from the program manager that help develop the criteria.
- Learn quality principles required to meet the AC786 accreditation program
- Understand how to apply the requirements to your organization
This Training Course applies to:
- fabricators that modify Intermodal Shipping Containers repurposed as building and building components and
For all fabricator staff who:
- Manage the fabrication shop
- Participate in the operation and implementation of the fabricator’s quality management systems
This 1.5-day Training Course includes structural components of AC786 and provides a clear understanding of how the AC786 accreditation program can be used as a tool to better manage your operations. The training describes and explains how to make your management system work for you. You will learn how quality concepts meld with technical requirements of a management system and how to use this information towards a continuous improvement philosophy within your organization.
Complete Overview Syllabus
Day 1 – (09:00-16:00)
Introduction and Approaches to Learning
Background and Principles
- The scope and overview of AC786
- Special Inspection and Approved Fabricator authorities having jurisdiction
- Structure of AC786
Basic Technical Requirements
- Technical Component Overview
- Technical Standards
- Demonstrating competence in welding
- Fabricator Tolerances
- Certificate of Compliance
- Material Traceability
- Inspection Equipment
- Process Traceability
Day 2 – (09:00-13:00)
- Quality Manager
- Quality Control (QC) Inspector
- Welding Personnel
- Required Data
- Required Statements
- Required Written Procedures
- Document Control
- Control of Quality Records
- Internal Audits
DATE(S) AND LOCATION(S):
Contact training department for more info at email@example.com.
This course is Free for all Registrants
Request Additional Information Contact Ms. Jouliana Tchiloyans at firstname.lastname@example.org.