The purpose of the hearing is to establish or revise accreditation criteria pertaining to IAS accreditation programs and to inform the public on IAS principles and major policies. The open hearing process provides all interested parties with the opportunity to contribute ideas or voice their opinions on any item posted on the agenda.
Date and Time
The hearing will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, April 25, 2017.
Location and Travel
The hearing will be held at the Embassy Suites Brea, 900 East Birch Street, Brea, California 92821, 714-990-6000. There is a block of rooms for International Accreditation Service at the rate of $159+ per night. Reservations may be made by clicking here, this will take you to the specific reservation page for International Accreditation Service. The cut-off date for booking guest rooms is 5:00 p.m. local time on April 2, 2017, for this rate.
Attendees may fly into Los Angeles (LAX), Long Beach (LGB) or Santa Ana/John Wayne/Orange County (SNA) airport.
IAS will webcast this meeting. Please check back here approximately April 1 for the link to view the webcast. There is no pre-registration required and there is no cost to view the webcast.
You are invited to participate at the hearing and provide written or oral comments. IAS Accreditation Committee hearings (meetings) are open to all interested parties — no meeting reservations are required.
IAS has developed a form to facilitate public comments on criteria to be heard at the above meeting. This form will enable comments to be submitted in a consistent format. Please use the form linked here.
Proposed Accreditation Criteria
Accreditation criteria which will be discussed at the April 25, 2017, IAS Accreditation Committee hearing are listed below.
Agenda — Click here
- MISC1 – IAS Management System. IAS will present on the current and proposed changes undertaken in its management system and associated accreditation structure. — Click here
- AC251 – Building Code Regulatory Agencies and Third-party Service Providers. ACs 251, 402 and 475 have been combined and the differences are covered in Annexes to this criteria. Wording changes have been made for clarification purposes. — Click here
- AC426 – Fire Prevention and Life Safety Departments. Clarifying language has been added in several sections of the criteria. Recognition of national inspection agencies and Federal regulations has been added. — Click here
- AC478 – Inspection Practices of Metal Building Assemblers. Clarifying language has been added in several sections of the criteria. — Click here
- AC780 – Medical Laboratories. New criteria for recognition of laboratories requesting accreditation complying with the requirements of ISO 15189. — Click here
- AC157 – Fabricator Inspection for Reinforced and Precast/Prestressed Concrete. Several sections were updated to comply with revised industry standards. Also clarifying wording has been added. — Click here
- AC172 – Fabricator Inspection for Structural Steel. Clarifying language has been added regarding the qualification of welders. — Click here
- AC371 – Training Agencies for Work Force Qualification Programs. Clarifying language has been added to several sections. — Click here
- AC372 – Curriculum Development for Work Force Qualification Agencies. Clarifying language has been added to several sections. — Click here
- AC474 – Bodies Operating Certification of Persons. Clarifying language has been added to several sections. — Click here
- AC477 – Management System Certification Bodies. New IAF requirements have been added and several sections have been updated to these requirements. — Click here
- AC354 – Field Evaluation of Unlisted Electrical Equipment. New references have been added. — Click here
- MISC3 – Accreditation of Third-party Certification Bodies According to FDA – FSMA Rule. IAS will explain the main requirements related to the accreditation and certification process. — Click here
- AC89 – Testing Laboratories. A new reference document has been added and a new section regarding regulatory requirements. — Click here
- AC98 – Inspection Agencies. A new reference document has been added and a new section regarding regulatory requirements. — Click here
- AC204 – Calibration Laboratories. A new reference document has been added and a section on the types of laboratories who are eligible for this accreditation. — Click here
- AC196 – Fabricator Inspection for Wood Wall Panels. There are no proposed additions. — Click here
- AC291 – Special Inspection Agencies. Eligibility requirements have been added. — Click here
- AC370 – Product Certification Agencies. Reference documents have been added and a technical requirement has been moved from the Rules of Procedure to the criteria. — Click here
- AC415 – Field Inspection of Fire Door Assemblies. A reference document and a section on eligibility have been added. — Click here
- AC472 – Manufacturers of Metal Building Systems. ICC certification title has been updated and clarifying language has been added regarding the qualification of welders. — Click here
- AC473 – Manufacturers of Cold-formed Steel Structural and Nonstructural Components Not Requiring Welding. There are no proposed additions. — Click here
- MISC2 – IAS Rules of Procedure. Notification that all program Rules of Procedure will be posted on our website for 30-day review. — Click here
You may download a printed copy of any criteria or miscellaneous item by clicking on the above links. If you have any questions, please contact us by phone at 562-364-8201, extension 3309, or by e-mail at email@example.com.