The purpose of the hearing is to establish or revise accreditation criteria pertaining to IAS accreditation programs and to inform the public on IAS principles and major policies. The open hearing process provides all interested parties with the opportunity to contribute ideas or voice their opinions on any item posted on the agenda.
Date and Time
The hearing will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, September 27, 2018.
Location and Travel
The hearing will be held at the Fullerton Marriott at California State University, 2701 Nutwood Avenue, Fullerton, California 92831.
Attendees may fly into Los Angeles (LAX), Long Beach (LGB) or Santa Ana/John Wayne/Orange County (SNA) airport.
You are invited to participate at the hearing and provide written or oral comments. IAS Accreditation Committee hearings (meetings) are open to all interested parties—no meeting reservations are required.
IAS has developed a form to facilitate public comments on criteria to be heard at the above meeting. This form will enable comments to be submitted in a consistent format. Please use the form linked here.
Proposed Accreditation Criteria
Accreditation criteria which will be discussed at the September 27, 2018, IAS Accreditation Committee hearing are listed below.
Items for the September 27, 2018, IAS Accreditation Committee Meeting:
Agenda — Click here
- MISC1 – Updates on IAS Activities. IAS will present on the recent changes in IAS and provide update on activities undertaken. Click here.
- MISC2 – Updates on IAS Management System. IAS will present on IAS management systems. Click here.
- AC251 – Building Code Regulatory Agencies and Third-party Service Providers. Proposed expansion to the scope of criteria, and increased flexibility for compliance, along with expansion to quality management system requirements. Click here.
- AC478 – Inspection Practices of Metal Building Assemblers. Proposed revisions include clarifications, and reorganization of criteria. Click here.
- AC172 – Fabricator Inspection for Structural Steel. Clarifying language along with additional normative and reference documents added. Old standards replaced with new standards. Click here.
- AC474 – Bodies Operating Certification of Persons. Additional clarification language, along with the addition of International Accreditation Forum (IAF) Mandatory Document –MD12, and ISO/IEC TS 17027 were added. Click here.
- AC477 – Management System Certification Bodies. Clarification added and criteria reorganized. Click here.
- MISC3 – ASTM E84 Tunnel Calibration Protocol. Discuss the use of liquid heptane as an alternate to the red oak stipulated in the standard for smoke calibration. Click here.
- AC472 – Manufacturers of Metal Building Systems. Normative and Reference document list updated and clarifying language has been added throughout the criteria. Click here.
- AC473 – Manufacturers of Cold-formed Steel Structural and Nonstructural Components Not Requiring Welding. Normative and Reference document list updated and clarifying language has been added throughout the criteria. Click here.
- AC370 – Product Certification Agencies. Reference documents have been added for Global G.A.P accreditation, and changes made to section discussing surveillance requirements. Click here.
- AC89 – Testing Laboratories. Reference to revised standard 17025:2017 and IAS transition policy added. Click here.
- AC204 – Calibration Laboratories. Addition of International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) P-Series documents added for clarification. Click here.
- AC782 – Third-Party Certification Bodies under the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). There are no proposed additions. Click here.
You may download a printed copy of any criteria or miscellaneous item by clicking on the above links. If you have any questions, please contact us by phone at 562-364-8201, extension 3309, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.