The purpose of the hearing is to establish or revise accreditation criteria pertaining to IAS accreditation programs and to inform the public on IAS principles and major policies. The open hearing process provides all interested parties with the opportunity to contribute ideas or voice their opinions on any item posted on the agenda. The hearing will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, September 16, 2019.
Location and Travel:
The hearing will be held at the Fullerton Marriott at California State University, 2701 Nutwood Avenue, Fullerton, CA 92831.
We suggest that attendees fly into Santa Ana (SNA) airport or Ontario (ONT) airport. It is a 30 minute taxi/Uber/Lyft from SNA, or a 40 minute taxi/Uber/Lyft from ONT.
You are invited to participate at the hearing and provide written or oral comments. IAS Accreditation Committee hearings (meetings) are open to all interested parties—no meeting reservations are required.
IAS has developed a new form to facilitate public comments on criteria to be heard at the above meeting. This form will enable comments to be submitted in a consistent format. Please use the form linked here.
Proposed Accreditation Criteria
Items which will be discussed at the September 16, 2019, IAS Accreditation Committee hearing are listed below.
Agenda click here
- MISC1 – IAS Management System. IAS will present on the current and proposed changes undertaken in its management system and associated accreditation structure. (Read more)
- AC291 – Special Inspection Agencies. Several reference documents and definitions have been removed. The Qualifications for Special Inspectors section has been revised to accommodate equivalent requirements for other economies. (Read more)
- AC477 – Management Systems Certification Bodies. Sections were added to clarify the processes for accreditation. Changes were made to the table of references for the various disciplines. (Read more)
- MISC4 – Sampling Organizations. Discussion item for organizations performing sampling activities. (Read more)
- AC783 – Halal Certification Bodies. New criteria for recognition of product certification bodies requesting accreditation complying with the Islamic law. (Read more)
- AC354 – Field Evaluation Bodies. Information regarding issues arising in the Electrical Field Evaluations. (Read more)
- AC784 – Reference Material Producers. New criteria to establish method validation, calibration and measurement traceability when using reference materials. (Read more)
- AC785 – Proficiency Testing Providers. New criteria to establish requirements for proficiency testing providers. (Read more)
- AC478 – Inspection Practices of Metal Building Assemblers. Revisions are proposed to accommodate a request from the Metal Building Contractor and Erector Association (MBCEA). (Read more)
- MISC2 – Use of External Assessments and Ratings to Determine Compliance to AC251. Discussion item regarding compliance for the IAS Building Department Accreditation process. (Read more)
- MISC3 – Multi-tiered Approach for Building Department Accreditation. Discussion item regarding progressive levels of accreditation requirements. (Read more)
- AC426 – Fire Prevention and Life Safety Departments. Changes are proposed to remove text which is addressed in other sections of the criteria. (Read more)
- AC172 – Fabricator Inspection Programs for Structural Steel. Per the IAS Rules of Procedure for Accreditation Committee Meetings, electronically balloted criteria shall be brought back to the next regularly scheduled accreditation committee hearing to provide industry input. (Read more)
- Staff Reports to Committee. Staff update on AC157program; staff update on preliminary review of new program.
You may download a printed copy of any criteria or miscellaneous item by clicking on the above links. If you have any questions, please contact us by phone at 562-364-8201, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.