IAS Accreditation Committee Hearing
The purpose of the hearing is to establish or revise accreditation criteria pertaining to IAS accreditation programs and to inform the public on IAS principles and major policies. The open hearing process provides all interested parties with the opportunity to contribute ideas or voice their opinions on any of the Proposed Criteria. The hearing will begin at 8:30 a.m. (Pacific Time) on Tuesday December 14, 2021.
The hearing will be held online via WebEx.
You are invited to participate at the hearing and provide written or oral comments by November 14th, 2021. Please use the comment form linked here.
While IAS Accreditation Committee hearings (meetings) are open to all interested parties. For security reasons, IAS will require registration to participate.
The committee hearing will be conducted per the IAS Rules of Procedure for Accreditation Committee and Accreditation Committee Meetings. Read More.
- AC89 – Testing Laboratories – The proposed charges are intended to remove references to the IAS Transition Policy for International Standard ISO/IEC 17025:2017. Read more.
- AC98 – Inspection Agencies – The proposed charges are intended to add clarity to Section 5.1 and add a reference to ILAC P15. Read more.
- AC204 – Calibration Laboratories – The proposed charges are intended to remove references to the IAS Transition Policy for International Standard ISO/IEC 17025:2017. Read more.
- AC354 – Field Evaluation of Unlisted Electrical Equipment – The proposed charges are intended to avoid duplication of requirements and ensures applicants and accredited bodies maintain their conformance to the normative Standards itself. Staff also identified a non-value adding clause that is being removed. Read more.
- AC426 – Fire Prevention and Life Safety Departments – The proposed changes are intended to streamline the accreditation process by eliminating requirements that are integral to the delivery of fire code permitting, plan review and inspection services and to align the elements of the quality management system with similar requirements contain in Accreditation Criteria AC251 applicable to accreditation of building departments, code enforcement departments, and third-party service providers. Read more.
- AC780 – Medical Laboratories – The proposed charges are intended to : Change the name of the regional group from APLAC to APAC and change their website address. Read more.
- AC800 – Green House Gases – This is a new criteria that is being proposed that includes the International Standards ISO/IEC 17029 and ISO 14065. Read more.
- RC418 – Building Departments, Code Enforcement Departments, and Third Parties Providing Building and/or Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Services – The proposed changes are intended to mirror recent changes to AC251 applicable to accreditation of building departments, code enforcement departments, and third-party service providers which is the companion document to RC418. Read more.
All communications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org